Have you been on every diet out there and cannot bear the thought of going on another? Are you feeling like a failure because you have been really successful on a diet (or multiple diets or even bariatric surgery), but then as soon as you were off, gained the weight back…plus more? Are you at your wits end with your weight and don’t know what to do?
The sad reality is dieting predicts weight gain. The failure rate for dieting is 95-98% meaning that only 2-5% of people who diet will lose weight and keep it off for 2 years or longer. I cannot think of any other product or service that we would accept with this kind of failure rate. Yet, here we are again as a culture living the definition of insanity- doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome. This pattern continues as every time you start a new diet, you convince yourself, hope and truly believe, that this time will be different. However, if diets worked then the weight loss would not be a billion dollar industry, there would be only one diet, everyone would go on it and have the same results. That is not the case.
At My Signature Nutrition we don ‘t focus on weight, we focus on you. We will help you improve your overall health and well-being. We will help you transform your relationship with food. We will help you feel better, however we will do this without a weight focus. You already know that diet pills, commercial diets, fad diets- really any diet (or restrictive way of eating) does not work. That is why we don’t focus on weight. Instead, the focus is on YOU- your health, your well-being, what you’re doing and how you use food. With our focus on YOU and your health instead of weight loss, you will experience: improved health outcomes, increased energy, peace with food, improved body confidence, and finally stop dieting and weight cycling so that you can start living. For some people this may result in weight loss, but for some people it won’t. That might be a really scary thought, but we are here to help. What you have done before hasn’t worked and won’t. If you’re ready to stop dieting and start living, then let us help you shift the focus off weight so that you can finally be free! Wondering what that even means? Let us show you!
We will provide you with the tools that you need to get started and support you with every step along the way. Specifically, we will help you:
- Understand the basics of nutrition and educate you on nutritional concepts that separate diet myth from reality.
- Incorporate joyful physical activity or exercise.
- Facilitate accountability by providing support and motivation.
- Learn how to trust your own body by educating you on the principles and application of intuitive eating.
- Identify truth amidst false or misleading nutrition messages.
- Challenge old food beliefs.
- Understand food cravings.
- Discover links between emotions and food and how to utilize alternative coping strategies.
- Identify how food can be wholesome, flexible, balanced, and enjoyable.
- Include satisfaction in your diet.
- Identify and respond to hunger and fullness cues.
- Make healthy choices in life without feeling guilty or deprived (and learn how to stop bouncing between the two).
- Finally understand what “moderation” means. (Hint- it’s not restrictive.)
- Eat real food that you enjoy (No more shots, pills, bars, shakes, meal replacements, gross food, etc).
- Stop dieting and start living!
Let us help you create a new reality by trying something different. Check out our Diet Review to reflect on your diet history to see how many times your weight has cycled (gone up and down) and how that intersects with your life. We are here when you’re ready to get off of the diet rollercoaster.